Monday, January 13, 2014

Top 10 Beauty Mistakes I Used to Make

My Top 10 Beauty Mistakes I Used to Make


      Hey Belles! Today I'm going to be doing the "Top 10 Beauty Mistakes I Used to Make" post, where I was tagged by the beautiful Hope over at Beauty & Bliss! (P.S. go check out her blog, AWESOME!) I've got to say I'm pretty excited about this tag for two reasons, 1. this is my FIRST tag, & 2. This is gonna be fun because, it really makes me think about all the beauty mistakes I've made in my past, eek! So here we go, let's jump on into this! :)

     

1. Letting too much product build up in my hair.
     
    Yes, I did it. When I was in high school around my junior/senior year, I just got lazy to say the least. I mean I would wash my hair, but all the product would still stay in because, I USED WAY TOO MUCH. For about a constant month, everyday, I would scrunch my hair. & everyday, what was I doing? Adding more product to my hair. It took my hair turning white from all the products for me to realize what I was doing, & some major shampooing treatments to get it all out, how awful!


2. Not sticking with my everyday face routine. 


    I think all of us are guilty of this one. I just didn't realize how important it was. I have VERY sensitive & oily/dry skin, almost anything can break me out. & I'm sure this wasn't helping my acne problem as a teen. I didn't even really have a good face routine until just a couple of months ago, & I'm 21! Every night I use makeup removing wipes, my St. Ives Apricot Scrub (My absolute favorite!), Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup remover, & Estee Lauder Perfectly Clean Toner.  I can tell a huge difference now that I actually have a routine.



You can purchase:

St. Ives Scrub @ Walmart for $6.00
Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover @ Belk for $20.00
Estee Lauder Perfectly Clean Toner @ Belk for $25.00



3. Not moisturizing my face daily.

    Again, when I was younger I just never moisturized my face. & as I said before my skin is very sensitive & oily/dry. My skin is more dry in the winter months, of course, but even then I wasn't using a moisturizer. It was so dry it would flake off my makeup! Now everyday, it's a must. My favorite is the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream. I purchased this moisturizer at Walmart for about $10.00.    


4. TOO much black eyeliner.

   You're probably thinking "that picture is too dramatic", no. I really looked like that, haha! When I first started using eyeliner, I went what we'll call a little eyeliner happy. I honestly looked like a racoon, or someone would had just got into a fight and had two black eyes, not cute, I know. I do still wear black eyeliner to this day, but needless to say I've learned how to not have a heavy hand with it.


5. Not using Eye/Face primer.

   Eye shadow & face primer are my saving grace for the makeup world. When I first started applying eyeshadows I didn't realize you needed to have a primer for them to have better pigmentation and to last longer. Same goes for the face primer, you don't necessarily need a face primer, but I LOVE using one. Makes my skin so smooth! So far my favorite primers are from Too Faced. 

You can purchase:
Too Faced Eye Shadow Insurance @ Sephora for $20.00
Too Faced Primed & Poreless Primer @ Sephora for $30.00


6. Dying my hair Black with box dye.

   When I was again, in high school (bad beauty choice era apparently) I decided I was going to dye my hair black. Not only did I do this once, but THREE times. I loved it, until it started to be the "so black its blue" color. Afterwards I decided I wanted to go back to my natural hair color, dirty blonde, & I went to a local salon. The poor girl had to bleach my hair to lift the color, and needless to say my hair pretty much caught on fire. It even burned my scalp! & my poor hair was so fried. Lesson learned. I won't be doing this again. 

7. Not blending my eye shadows.

   Yup, I was that girl walking around with harsh lines. Not until I got a little older and more into the makeup world did I realize how much blending your eyeshadows can make or break and eye look. I'm so glad I learned to blend. Enough said there.

8. Always touching my face.

   Even when I had makeup on or when I was barefaced (which I hardly ever used to do), I was ALWAYS touching my face. Even with dirty hands causing oil and dirt to get into my pores, EEEK! Bad, I know. I think this also had a lot to do with my acne breakouts. I've gotten a lot better, but I still find myself doing it occasionally. :(


9. Not contouring my face.

   Now, I know not everyone contours their face, but me on the other hand, I NEED IT. I already have such a round face, that I just look like a chipmunk. I've just recently started to contour my face, & whoa! at the difference it makes for me. Now I just can't go without it. My favorite bronzer at the moment is the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer. It's matte & so gorgeous! Plus it smells SO GOOD! 

You can purchase:
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer @ Sephora for $30.00


10. Biting my nails.

   I was once a nail bitter. Every time I got nervous or really focused my fingers were at my mouth and I was biting away. I used to bite my nails so much, that it was pretty much impossible for me to even grow nails. I would bite all the way to the quick. OUCH! & Now that I'm part of the dental world (some of you may not know this, but I'm a Certified Dental Assistant) I realize what damage nail biting can even do to your teeth, CHIPPING. Not good. Glad I've kicked this habit!


All images used in this post are from google.


   Alright Belles, There are my 10 Beauty Mistakes I Used to Make! I'd loved to hear some of your top 10 as well! Sadly with me being very new to the blogging world, I don't know many bloggers just yet that haven't already been tagged or tagged me. SO, with that being said I tag EVERYONE! :) If you decide to do this tag, please leave a comment below so I can check out your answers too! 

Until next time,
   

4 comments:

  1. So glad you done this tag! Biting my nails used to be a big issue for me too. I finally made myself stop after doing it for years. And I was BIG on the black liner too. I think every girl is in high school lol. Great answers! So glad we've learned our lesson! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could just find some pictures of myself with my heavy liner, too funny! Thanks for tagging me :) I enjoyed doing this post! I'm SOOO glad we learned our lessons! haha!

      Delete
  2. I *still* touch my face too much. It's not intentional, I swear! I've tried to become more mindful of it though, because it really can contribute to breakouts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still find myself doing it at times. Especially when I'm working. I've got a lot better about it but, I still need to stop touching my face all together, haha!

      Delete